(Updated as I inadvertently overlooked one of my nominees’ date of first post. With all due respect to my last nominee I did have a hard time finding his archive page when I first contemplated in posting my top 10 but his blog deserves the accolade just the same. :))
When I was first introduced to blogging back in 2006, I could say that I’ve learned along the way. It was through fellow bloggers that I’ve learned more about blogging and the blogosphere.
Yes, there are blogs that really stood out, while there are also others which seem to be driven to exist because of the money that comes with it. Collectively, bloggers have shown how they could be a driving force in the long run, individually, they could also be a driving force. No matter how small, that small voice is heard, somewhere along the way.
Now, I acknowledge those ‘small’ voices but emerging influential blogs. These are my top 10.
- The Beancounter: This blog started as a ‘personal journal.’ Lately though it has taken a twist towards something that this blogger loves to do–cooking food. He has always put his personal touch in every recipe and always lets you feel that you are in his kitchen and in every road trip to various restaurants/kitchens in the Brisbane area. This blogger is certainly a masterchef who cooks from the heart but also blogs from the heart.
- Flamindevil: Flamin in wit and honesty. A sneak peek at how expats/OFWs spend their weeks, their feelings, frustration. It’s like reading a novel sans the rigid plots.
- New Media Philippines: For public relations professionals wanting to know more on how to use new media, this is the place to go.
- Adaphobic: No doubt one of the best bloggers to date and good photo hobbyist, too!
- Dare To Speak Out: This could well be your ‘informal Inquirer’ online. While there might be some bias, it definitely has fearless views.
- Father Blogger Dot Com: The Dad who can blog. He surely has zoomed past new (and even old) blogs that he was asked to write a few articles at bloggingtips.com.
- The Struggling Blogger: It might be ironic but this blogger is surely prolific.
- WritingToExhale: I discovered this blog through this writing project. You can tell that this blogger really lives to write and yes, most probably writes to live. 🙂
- PixelMinded: The photos say it all.
- Koleidoscope: Forgive my shameless plugging but I think (though I might be proven wrong ;)) I do have some growing followers in my phlog. 😀
- Rakito’s Mill: As with the other blogs that I’ve considered in this list, Rakito is a no non-sense blogger who will tell you everything from his heart as evident in some of his post be it just a short quote or a personal review of life, movies or anything under the sun. 🙂
I sometimes wonder why these blogs came out this ‘late’ but I realised that it gives bloggers at least 10 reasons to join this writing initiative and always look out for the year’s emerging influential blogs. Thanks heaps to all nominees.
This writing project is supported by Absolute Traders, My Brute Cheats, Business Summaries, Fitness Advantage Club, Events and Corporate Video, Events at Work, Dominguez Marketing Communications, Red Mobile, Budget hotel in Makati, Lucio C. Tan Group of Companies, and Blog4Reviews.com.